Be Sure Your Sin Will Find You Out

  It happened again.  I wasn't snooping.  I wasn't even suspicious.  And then, voila!  I found out the truth.  It landed right in my lap. 
  Do you play F.B.I. at your house?  I know parents who do.  They invade their children's privacy in a myriad of ways and tell themselves it is part of good parenting.  It isn't.  More than that, it isn't necessary.
Trust me.  No, trust the Word, which says, "Be sure your sin will find you out."
  This time, it wasn't one of my kids.  It doesn't matter.  It has universal application.  Whether it is outright lying or just a "little bit" of deception is irrelevent.  As they say, "It all comes out in the wash." Granted, it doesn't always come out as soon as we like.  This time I found out on the very day of the deception.  That's what I call lightning speed.
   Sometimes, I admit, that life would be easier if I didn't know the truth.  In fact, I can say that is the case almost unequivocably.  You know what they say, "Ignorance is bliss." Once you know, the question becomes, "What am I going to do with this truth?" When someone, anyone, hides something there is a reason, and it usually isn't a good one.  Usually, it involves guilt.
  Do you know what else I've discovered?  (Isn't aging wonderful?  So much wisdom.) Ever see someone you know, but they won't acknowledge you?  I used to go over in my head what I did to offend them.  Oftentimes, I would go back to our last encounter, which seemed to have gone fine, and wonder what in the world could have happened.  I don't let it trouble me anymore.  More often than not, I find out later and it has nothing to do with me. 
   Here's the punch line:  Don't think you are more clever than God.  It's the devil who tells us we're going to get away with it.  He's a liar, remember?  No matter how well you cover your tracks, God's searchlight is stronger.  Remember that next time.

Comments

Popular Posts