Your Fault

   My chilli was finished, except for one thing, chilli powder.  The problem was, I couldn't find any.  I went through my spices, twice.  Then I checked my baking spices, and none was to be found.  Grrrr!  I just went shopping yesterday!
  So, I did what I usually do.  I called my elderly neighbor lady. You know how those people are who lived through the depression; they have at least two of everything.  So, I explained my dilemma and told her I was willing to trade chilli, if she could help me.  She had chilli powder, and she said that I could have some, without giving her chilli.  I told her I had some to spare, and then she confided that she was going to actually make some today but her shoulder was hurting too much.  What are the chances?
  When I arrived, I discovered she had made a salad for herself. She was prepared.
  We made some small talk, and I told her how frustrated I was with the fact that I had just gone shopping yesterday, and yet, here I was borrowing her spice.  As I turned to leave, I said, "You know, it's your fault." "My fault?" she asked, incredulously.  "Yes, I said, God knew you wanted chilli today and you weren't going to be able to make it, so he allowed me to run out of chilli powder."  She smiled as she said, "Ok, it's my fault." And she didn't even seem to mind taking the blame.

Comments

Popular Posts