A Painless Way to Pay Bills

   My  husband gets paid on the 15th and the 30th of the month, so I generally sit down and write out checks twice a month.  The first thing I do is thank God for the money to pay the bills.  Then as I write out each check I thank him for the services that each company provides: phone, electric, medical care, garbage pick up or insurance.  On those occasions where there is not enough money to cover everything, I, of course, make that a matter of prayer.
  Next I ask him to prosper the business.  And finally, as I enclose the check in the envelope, I like to add a tract or other spiritual information.  I pray for a receptive heart for the person receiving the opportunity and claim that God's word will not return void.
   I do not take all of these steps all of the time, but when I do, what could otherwise be a painful process is infused with life and joy.

Comments

Popular Posts